Tooth Fillings You Can Trust in St. Charles, MO
Donahue Dental provides professional dental fillings in St. Charles, MO. If you find yourself with tooth pain, a cracked tooth, or a severe cavity, you may need a tooth filling. Coming to your biannual dental exam and tooth cleaning appointments can help keep your dental records up to date, so our dentists know when to look out for any potential problems. Coming regularly to Donahue Dental’s office will also help prevent the need for a filling at all. If you do find yourself in need of one, you are in the right place. Fillings are built to withstand the stress of chewing and are specially molded to your teeth, so you can’t tell they’re there! There’s no reason a cavity or cracked tooth should cause you prolonged discomfort. Contact our office today to schedule a tooth filling with one of our experienced dentists.
How to Know If You Need a Dental Filling
Tooth fillings are most commonly used to repair cracked teeth or those with cavities. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to see a crack or cavity on your own. The best way to tell if you need a tooth filling is to consult your dentist at Donahue Dental. During your dental exam, we will identify any cracks or cavities that could benefit from filling. However, if you start to experience discomfort or suspect that you may need a filling between appointments, you should schedule a time to see our dental experts as soon as possible. When left unfilled, damaged teeth can lead to disease. If you experience any of the following, it may be time to schedule a dental filling:
- Tooth pain when eating or drinking or that comes and goes
- Sharp pain when biting
- Feeling like something is stuck between your teeth
- Tooth sensitivity
It is also common for there to be no sign or pain associated with a cavity or cracked tooth, so be sure you are visiting your dentist regularly to avoid future discomfort or even disease.
Why Tooth Fillings Work
Dental fillings are incredibly standard procedures. Most people will need at least one tooth filled in their lifetime. Fillings most often repair cavities. Cavities can be caused by a host of different factors, including poor oral hygiene, plaque buildup, eating and drinking habits, and more. Cracked teeth are also rather common and require filling. Cracked teeth can be caused by chewing on hard objects, grinding teeth, accidents, or other activities and conditions that put stress on the teeth. Tooth fillings remedy these two issues because they repair the tooth to the strength and durability of its original state. The process involves first removing the decay from the affected tooth. This prevents further decay from developing, spreading, or increasing the risk of disease. The tooth’s strength is then reinforced with either a composite or an amalgam filling. Both are then checked or fitted to ensure you can still bite properly and your teeth are correctly aligned. The dental filling works effectively because it restores the strength and comfortability of the tooth in your mouth while also preventing further damage.
How Donahue Dental Will Perform Your Tooth Filling
When you schedule a tooth filling with Donahue Dental, you can expect the procedure to be relatively easy. We generally use only a local, topical anesthetic to numb the treatment area, so there is no reason to bring along a designated driver. Expect to be in our St. Charles office for about an hour. We may need to begin with X-rays to get a better look at the affected teeth. From there, we will numb the area around the tooth that needs filling. If we are filling a cavity, we will drill out the decay. With the help of the anesthetic, you should not experience any pain during this process. We then place the filling and mold it to fit your tooth and bite comfortably.
The Benefits of Getting a Tooth Filling
The benefits of dental fillings at the hands of Dr. Donahue are plenty. We want to ensure you have a happy, healthy, pain-free smile. Tooth fillings do more than just repair cavities and cracked teeth. They also boast the following advantages:
- Long-lasting: When applied correctly, fillings can last for more than 15 years. Protect your teeth for years to come with this solution that is corrosion-resistant and beneficial in keeping your teeth decay-free.
- Natural look: Updated dental technology allows us to place fillings that blend in with the aesthetic of your natural teeth. Gone are the days when you needed a splash of gold or silver in your mouth to repair your teeth.
- Infection prevention: Temporary fillings can be placed after dental work like root canals to prevent infection while a tooth heals. The filling works as a protective barrier for the tooth.
- Improved function: Decayed or damaged teeth can make it difficult or painful to chew. With a filling, you should experience more comfort in eating and drinking.
- Strengthened structure: Fillings can reinforce the weakened structure of damaged teeth, so they do not have to be removed or cause damage to the structural integrity of the structure of surrounding teeth.
Schedule Your Tooth or Cavity Filling Today
You can trust Donahue Dental to take care of all your tooth filling needs. If you are experiencing tooth pain or discomfort, please contact our office today to schedule an appointment. We can conduct a dental exam to evaluate whether you need tooth fillings. This common procedure is safe and incredibly effective. Don’t suffer through another day of tooth pain. Come get the problem filled. We guarantee you’ll be smiling brighter in no time.
- Digital Charting
- Financing Options
- Advanced Technology
- Comprehensive Oral Care
- Advanced Specialty Training
- Diagnosis, Treatment Planning
- Warm, Relaxed, Fun and Friendly Atmosphere